One question that we get asked by every first time spray tanning client at Extreme Tan and Smoothies is “how long does a spray tan last?” While it is something of an unanswerable question – and we know how much everyone hates the “it depends” answer, we try to give our clients some guidelines on how long their spray tan will last if they take all the right measures to keep it healthy!
How Long Will My Spray Tan Last?
When it comes to estimating how long your spray tan is going to last there are actually quite a few factors to take in to consideration. While a spray tan can and will generally last anywhere from 7 to 12 days, this estimation is greatly affected by the effort that you put in to maintaining your tan.
Some things that you can do to make sure that your spray tan lasts for a longer period of time and still looks good while it lasts are:
- Wait at least 6 hours after you get your spray tan before taking a shower.
- Avoid contact with water or activities that will make you sweat for that initial 6 hour period as well.
- Use a daily moisturizer designed to work with a spray tan.
- Utilizing tanning beds will also prolong the life of your spray tan.
- Taking shorter showers and baths will prolong the life of your spray tan.
- Avoiding bar soap and exfoliating products and tools will extend the life of your spray tan.
- Try to avoid long periods of sweating, as sweating can shorten the life of your spray tan.
- Shaving frequently also acts as an exfoliating technique so the more you shave the shorter the life of your spray tan.
Final Spray Tan Thoughts
Many of the things that you can do to prolong the life of your spray tan are common sense but some are tips and tricks that no one ever thinks to tell their clients at other indoor tanning salons. Here at Extreme Tan and Smoothies we make sure that our clients know how to take care of their spray tan and we also offer a full range of tanning products that can help you to take care of that tan as well, such as our Spray Tan Can that you can use to touch up your spray tan any time you please!
What is the longest that your spray tan has lasted? How did you make it last that long? Leave us a comment below and let us know!